3 Sustainable / Eco-Friendly Brands for an Earth Friendly Wardrobe
More and more Sustainable / Eco-friendly clothing brands are starting to appear!
Here are 3 sustainable / eco-friendly brands that might be worth checking out the next time you are looking to add some new items to your wardrobe:
#1 - Allbirds
Allbirds is best known for their washable wool shoes and tree material shoes but they also have apparel items!
Allbirds has a plan to eliminate their carbon footprint and are already moving in that direction. Allbirds is currently a carbon neutral business - Here is how they do that:
1. Measure the emissions of everything from their raw material state to the end of the product’s life. 2. Reduce their impact by integrating things like natural materials and recycled materials.
3. Lastly, they offset the little bit of carbon footprint that is remaining with carbon offsets (taxing themselves and investing in projects that neutralize their footprint).
Photo source: Allbirds.com
#2 - Tentree
Tentree has activewear, loungewear and more for women, men and kids that they claim is made with the most sustainable and comfortable materials in the world!
Here are just some of what Tentree is currently doing in regards to their commitment to making choices where the planet and its people always come first:
1. Plant 10 trees every time an item is purchased - over 56 million trees have been planted as of May 2021.
2. Are constantly looking at innovative ways to make apparel with the smallest possible footprint and create more circular supply chains.
3. Offer Climate+ packages where you can have trees planted to offset your carbon footprint.
4. Only source the most eco-friendly materials.
5. Are committed to replacing all single-use plastics, and eliminating virgin packaging materials from their supply chain by 2023.
Photo Source: Tentree.com
#3 Akala Clothing
Akala is a sustainable clothing brand that started with a dream to make “Earth-friendly” clothing for all body types. Akala is made in the USA, prioritizes fair trade work, and makes quality items that last.
Here is some more info on how Akala is being sustainable/ eco-friendly:
1. Fabrics are made from 98% pant-based fibers and never any animal products.
2. All clothing is manufactured in fair treatment factories in Los Angeles.
3. Has limited waste by donating all scrap materials.
4. Partners with 1% for the Planet, investing 1% of all profits to environmental causes.